Supper Clubs are an opportunity for groups to come together to help build strong communities by providing a nutritious meal and fellowship time to our low-income residents living at a Foundation Communities’ property. This is truly a meaningful and essential service that volunteer groups can provide!
- Volunteer groups need to be pre-formed as Foundation Communities does not manage the organization of individuals into groups (Around 10-15 volunteers is a good group size for serving at efficiency properties).
- We ask volunteer groups to commit to providing on-going meals at one of our properties for a minimum of 4-6 times a year - it takes about 2.5 hours from prep to cleanup for each of these meals.
- Group leader to complete a site visit and orientation at least 2 weeks out from your group's first supper club.
- Group will provide all items needed to prepare, serve (about 40 residents), and clean up the meal.
- Due to health department rules, all meals need to be prepared off site and brought ready to serve.
Supper Clubs are held at our 5 efficiency properties around Austin for single adults - http://foundcom.org/housing/our-austin-communities/
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours
- Volunteers must be able to donate cost of the meal