Supper Club Group Opportunity: Serve a Home-cooked meal
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
54 people are interested
Are you looking for a group volunteer opportunity where you can really connect with the community you are serving? Foundation Communities Supper Clubs are an opportunity for groups to help build strong communities! You'll provide a nutritious meal and share fellowship with residents at our affordable housing communities. This is truly a meaningful and essential service that volunteer groups can provide!
Current Need: We are looking for more supper club groups to serve on a regular basis at the following communities:
- Arbor Terrace, South central Austin
- Bluebonnet Studios, central Austin
- Capital Studios, central Austin
- Garden Terrace, South Austin
- Skyline Terrace, South Austin
- Spring Terrace, Northeast Austin
- Volunteer groups should be pre-existing with about 8-15 members.
- Groups are asked to commit to providing on-going meals at one of our properties for a minimum of 4-6 times a year. Service takes 2-3 hours. Scheduling is flexible. Groups typically serve dinner on a weekday or lunch on Saturday.
- Group leader(s) will be provided a site visit and orientation prior to your group's first supper club.
- Volunteer groups will provide all items needed to prepare, serve, and clean up the meal for about 40 people.
- Due to health department rules, all meals need to be prepared off site and brought ready to serve.
Interested in volunteering but don't have a group? We offer monthly Community Supper Clubs, where Foundation Communities provides the entree and individual volunteers sign up to bring side dishes or supplies potluck-style.
About Foundation Communities
3036 S. First St., Austin, TX 78704, US
The mission of Foundation Communities is to create housing where families succeed. FC's nationally-recognized model of service-enriched, affordable housing ensures that the 5,000 low-income working families who call our residences home have the opportunity to promote their own educational and economic advancement.
Foundation Communities is a local, homegrown nonprofit. We provide affordable, attractive homes and free on-site support services for thousands of families with kids, as well as veterans, seniors, and individuals with disabilities. We offer an innovative, proven model that empowers our residents and neighbors to achieve educational success, financial stability, and healthier lifestyles. We own and operate 18 communities all over Austin and in North Texas.
We'll work with your schedule.
Multiple Locations Around AustinAustin, TX 78704
January 30, 2020
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours
- Volunteers must be able to donate cost of the meal