One hour a week makes a big difference in the life of a young child
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where100 W. Walworth Street, Room 111Elkhorn, WI 53121
The Reading Enrichment and Developmental Success or R.E.A.D.S. Program serves students in grades 2 to 5 at Darien Elementary, Turtle Creek Elementary, Wileman (Delavan), or theJoint 1 District in Lake Geneva. Consider sharing one hour a week and make a big difference in the life of a young child.
The student and volunteer mentor work together on a lesson that is prepared for them when they come to the R.E.A.D.S. room.
Each mentor works with two students, one for one half-hour.
A student is paired with one volunteer mentoreveryday.
A volunteer mentor only chooses one day to volunteer.
The mentor can choose mornings or afternoons.
The program runs Mondays through Thursdays.
Many of the mentors find much fulfillment in their experience with time spent with the students. The students also find great enjoyment being involved with another adult and form a bond that carries over frorm year to year.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One hour a week
- Gateway Technical College
- Association for the Prevention...
- Aurora Visiting Nurses/Gentiva...
- Toys for Tots
- First Congregational UCC Church
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Keep your parks beautiful
- Be a Bingo caller!
- Immanuel Lutheran
- Meals on Wheels
- Elkhorn Area Youth Center
- Answer phone, tour guide, gift...
- Help a Child Reach Their Full...
- Hope Now
- Lakeland Builder's Association
- The Nature Conservancy
- Holiday Home Camp
- Lakeland Animal Welfare Society