Health Care Agency Environmental Health is dedicated to improving the quality of life for Orange County residents and visitors through the promotion of good environmental health practices and exceptional customer service.
Health Care Agency Environmental Health is located in Santa Ana, CA 92705.
Volunteers will provide staff support with one or more of the following duties:
- Shift, organize, and purge files
- Pull, photocopy, and file records/documents
- Process phone calls from the public
- Provide customer service
- Assist with other clerical assignments as needed
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and must have attained a high school diploma or GED. High school students who are 18 years of age or older will be considered.
Applicants must be detail oriented, eager to learn new skills, and open to supervision. They must communicate effectively and demonstrate motivation and reliability.
Attire appropriate for a business setting is required.
Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week for 6 or more weeks. Hours may be scheduled during regular business hours (Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.). Applicants willing to schedule additional hours or extend the duration of their volunteer term typically gain a more in-depth experience.
Benefits of Volunteering:
Volunteers are fully trained and are offered an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience within an office setting by working with inspectors, supervisors, and clerical support.
Environmental Health Office Support Volunteers:
- Learn about the division's filing system, how to file by date/chronologically, and the process of file retention
- Make filing decisions based upon information gathered from reports
- Gain a better understanding of the food facility programs, such as what reports are generated from inspections
- Determine what falls under the privacy act and HIPPA
- Process calls from the public and provide positive customer service
Please email a cover letter or letter of interest and resume to Jane.Dawson@ocgov.com. Your cover letter or letter of interest must consist of one or two paragraphs describing yourself and include a paragraph that focuses on why you are interested in volunteering to provide office support with Environmental Health. In addition, please include the number of hours you can volunteer each week, the days/timeframes that you can schedule volunteer shifts, and the approximate start and end dates that you are available to volunteer.