Be part of the bump and grind at The Burlesque Hall of Fame museum
DONATE TO THIS
143 people are interested
The Burlesque Hall of Fame, a museum located in downtown Las Vegas and dedicated to the history and living legacy of burlesque, seeks volunteers for a variety of roles in the museum, including:
- Program Assistant: Assist with setting up, carrying out, and cleaning up after daily programs and special events (sometimes during non-business hours and/or offsite)
- Visitor Service Associate: Greet visitors, ring up admissions and museum store sales, assist staff with store maintenance and inventory, and answer visitor questions
- Tour Guide: welcome guests and guide them through the timeline of burlesque throughout American history
- Facilities Caretaker: assist with daily museum custodial duties
- Collection Attendant: Assist with organizing, cataloguing, digitization, data entry and conserving the museum’s collection of artifacts including stage costumes and props, publicity photographs, and personal belongings from some of burlesque’s biggest stars. Please note: this position is only available to current and consistent BHoF volunteers with a background in museum studies or collection preservation.
The Burlesque Hall of Fame is committed to all aspects of diversity and accepts volunteers regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, and physical disability. All necessary training will be provided. Volunteers should meet the following qualifications:
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to work under stringent museum and preservation standards.
- Interested in burlesque, cultural history, and/or museum practice.
- Due to the adult nature of our collection, volunteers must be over 18.
For more information, please contact Buttercup at email@example.com with information about yourself and your availability. Resumes accepted but not required.
About Burlesque Hall of Fame, Inc
1027 S Main St, Ste 110, Las Vegas, NV 89101, US
The Burlesque Hall of Fame is a nonprofit museum committed to preserving, sharing, celebrating, and inspiring the art of burlesque. We act as a hub for the growing community of burlesque enthusiasts and provide a dynamic connection between the unique history of burlesque and the art form’s future. We seek out, collect, protect and exhibit artifacts and ephemera of burlesque’s past and we showcase performances of its practice. We reach out within and beyond our community to broaden understanding and proactively position burlesque’s social context and help shape its ongoing cultural relevance. Our founders’ passions continue to drive us to instill and demonstrate respect for our diverse heritage, to promote lifelong learning through direct engagement with the living legends of our art, and to continually strengthen our ability to contribute positively to the future of burlesque.
From its humble beginnings as the personal collection of Jennie Lee, the legendary tassel-twirler who first dreamed of a "Burlesque Hall of Fame" in the early 1950s, to its present-day incarnation as the world’s largest and most important archive of vintage Burlesque ephemera, The Burlesque Hall of Fame subsists almost exclusively via the generosity of individuals who recognize the importance of preserving the art, artifacts and traditions of this uniquely American art form.
Today, the Burlesque Hall of Fame continues its efforts to educate, entertain, and inspire from the heart of Las Vegas' downtown revival. With our collection of 5,000+ pieces, our annual Striptease Reunion and Miss Exotic World competition held every June, and a 3000 sq ft. museum space located in the Las Vegas Arts District, the museum continues to act as a focal point for the growing burlesque revival, as well as a single source of information about the legacy of burlesque.
We'll work with your schedule.
1027 S Main Street, Ste 110Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Exhibition Arts
- Customer Service
- Theater Arts
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hour blocks weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly