The Urban Rest Stop, a project of the Low Income Housing Institute, provides a clean, safe and dignified place where individuals, families, elders and youth can access restrooms, showers, and laundry facilities free of charge.
The Urban Rest Stop is open from 9am - 6pm Tuesday-Friday
Join the Urban Rest Stop volunteer team! Fill out our online application to start your enrollment as a URS/LIHI volunteer and start changing lives!
- Be part of an innovative, locally and nationally-recognized program working on the frontlines of homelessness.
- Build your resume by expanding non-profit and social service experience - references provided upon request.
- Fast-paced highly sociable environment.
- Location easy to access via public transit.
- Flexible schedule.
- Ensure that the Urban Rest Stop provides a welcoming, clean and safe environment. Respect the confidentiality of URS patrons.
- Assist with the maintenance of appointments for laundry and showers.
- Stock and sort hygiene and cleaning supplies.
- Distribute personal care items as requested and when donations are available.
- Distribute towels and coveralls for parton use.
- Assist with the collection of demographic and facility information.
- Help maintain a high level of facility cleanliness.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per shift at least one shift per week
- 3 month committment
- Administrative Help Needed!
- Looking for a Supportive...
- Administrative Interns or...
- University District: Serve your...
- Lead fun activities for kids and...
- Downtown: Serve your community...
- Homework Club Tutor
- Help our residents get healthy! ...
- Keep Our Seniors Healthy- Teach...
- Assist Homeless Encampment with...
- Work with LIHI residents to find...
- Keep Our Seniors Healthy-...
- Ballard Urban Rest Stop! Support...