16 people are interested
LSSNY Office Assistant
16 people are interested
- The main office assistant welcomes visitors and directs phone calls to appropriate staff extensions. Assisting with organization of files in the office, providing oversight to general appearance and functionality of office space, the main office manager assistant provides general support for all of the office activities and other staff when needed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate staff member or meeting
- Assist with scanning, copying, indexing documents
- Assist the Office Manager on general day to day basis
- Answer and direct calls to appropriate LSSNY staff if needed
- Take detailed phone messages when necessary and place in appropriate mail slot
- Be available to answer outside general inquires and refer people to the appropriate staff
- Provide support for general cleanliness and appearance of corporate work space
- Assist with printing materials for the executive staff when needed
- Associates Degree in related Administration services field of study preferred
- Minimum of 2 years working in a related field with direct contact with clients
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with others and take the lead when necessary
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to manage a project with goals and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and balance tasks simultaneously
- Ability to use problem-solving and analytical thinking skills
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently and exercise good judgment
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred
- Highly motivated, well-spoken, energetic, detail oriented individual who is comfortable and effective in a support position and able to excel in a fast-paced, creative environment.
About Lutheran Social Services of New York
475 Riverside Drive, Suitr 1244, New York, NY 10115, US
Within the Lutheran theological framework and in response to the commitment of the Christian church to love and justice, Lutheran Social Services of New York, as a professional social service agency of the church, seeks to enable people of all ages to reach their full human potential through the provision of therapeutic, educative, residential and preventative services.
In the year 1886, eleven Lutheran congregations in the metropolitan New York area created the Bethlehem Orphan and Half-Orphan Asylum, to take care of children who were orphaned due to a severe outbreak of influenza within the German communities of New York City. Dedicated on May 30, 1888, the asylum's mission was to care for and educate orphans and half-orphans to be Christians and useful members of society. Thus began the Lutheran presence in what would become, over time, an organized effort at child welfare in New York and would result in the creation of Lutheran Social Services of New York.
Lutheran Social Services currently has 10 "LIFE" Programs serving people in need; elder support, advocating on behalf of children & families, hunger prevention, affordable housing, volunteer programs, immigration and refugee settlement, international & domestic adoptions, special needs children schools, disaster preparation, foster care and aging out of foster care.
475 Riverside DriveSuite 1244New York, NY 10115
July 27, 2021
- Must be at least 20