The Graphic Design Intern will draft web and print graphics including: event posters, large banners, event programs, web graphic, annual report, etc. using CAIR branding and pre-designed event themes. The intern will also maintain procedure logs to document CAIR-WA's procedures and protocols.
By drafting and editing publication materials at CAIR, the Graphic Design Intern will play a valuable role in creatively marketing CAIR's programs and services to the Muslim community and educational tools to the non-Muslim community in the Seattle area and greater Washington state.
Literature will be distributed among attendees at special events or in community and posters and banners will be prominently displayed. Some materials will also be featured on our website (such as our Annual Report, Civil Rights Report, and more - see www.cairseattle.org).
CAIR-WA has no graphic design staff, so we rely on interns to design all of our materials. This is a great opportunity for aspiring graphic designers to utilize their skills, add an extensive amount of work to their portfolio, and have their work distributed among hundreds to thousands of people.
- A portfolio of past work showing taste, creativity and professionalism
- Punctuality and reliability
- Experience in use of professional graphic design software, and access to these programs while interning at CAIR (intern will need to bring in his or her own computer with appropriate software to use in the office)
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and under strict time constraints
- Detail-orientation and excellent organizational skills
- A very positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including proof-reading and copy-editing skills
- Professional demeanor
Time commitment: A minimum six month, twenty hours per week commitment is required. Most internships require all hours to be completed in the office, within the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Office location: Our physical office (different from our mailing address) is conveniently located near downtown Seattle just two blocks from Metro's International District Tunnel Station. Any bus that goes to downtown Seattle from across the Puget Sound region can drop you within 2 blocks of our office.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and, in the subject line, please clearly indicate the title(s) of the position(s) in which you are interested, in order of preference. Please include in your e-mail an explanation of why you are interested in this position, any relevant experience or skills, and your complete contact information (full name, email, and phone number).
You may also include a résumé and two references who have supervised you in a past volunteer position, internship or employment. All internrships at CAIR-WA are unpaid.
Students interested in receiving academic credit (college) or community service hours (high school) should indicate so in their cover letters. Credit may be arranged during the first week of the academic term.
Please note:ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN IMMEDIATELY we respond to applications year-round IMMEDIATELY as they are received, so apply now!
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS MAY NOT BE PROCESSED.
- Graphic Design / Print
- Public Relations
- Visual Arts
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Six months minimum commitment, 20 hours per week
- A complete application packet is required.
- GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS & COMMUNITY...
- OFFICE MANAGEMENT VOLUNTEER at...
- GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN AT CIVIL...
- Case Intake Intern at Civil...
- WEB DESIGN VOLUNTEER AT CIVIL...
- EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Volunteer)...
- PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN AT CIVIL...
- Volunteer Receptionist at Civil...
- GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP at...
- DONOR RELATIONS VOLUNTEER AT...
- Media Research and Analysis...
- EVENT PLANNING INTERNSHIP AT...
- WEB DESIGN VOLUNTEER AT CIVIL...