Be a force for restorative justice - volunteer as a Homeless and Caring Court Assistant
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2272 San Pablo Ave.Oakland, CA 94612
Assist with making systemic social justice changes in the Bay Area! Work closely with our Homeless and Caring Court processor as we offer an alternative court system to waive fines and fees.
The Homeless & Caring Court Program is an actual court session held every two months at St. Vincent de Paul of Alameda County and at Berkeley Food and Housing. The Homeless and Caring Court (HCC) is a collaboration of the Superior Court of California, County of Alameda and EveryOne Home. This type of court is more accessible and less intimidating to homeless clients. HCC allows homeless clients who are motivated and actively working to end their homelessness to pursue dismissal of outstanding non-violent infractions and misdemeanor legal offenses without jail time or fines. As an opportunity to help continue their progress out of homelessness and out of the legal system, the HCC allows eligible homeless, formerly homeless, or at-risk clients to substitute their legal charges, fines, and jail time with personal life progress.
If you want to become familiar with the Alameda Court System while learning how non-profits act in a respectful manner in social justice issues, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.Volunteers will work closely with the HCC processor and assist her with client intake and data entry to make sure that we are able to serve our neighbors
Volunteers will be asked to:
- Hand out and collect intake forms
- Input intake forms to our client database
- Schedule client meetings on Google Calendars
- Manage clients' checklist on which documents they've completed for their application
Time:A 4 hour shift between 9:30am and 3pm; shifts are available Tuesday - Saturday
Commitment: A commitment of 2 days per week for 2-3 months is ideal
- Program Management
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week
- Kitchen Prep Work - Help Us Feed...
- Volunteer in our Clothing Closet...
- Make a difference in your...
- Case Management Support
- Be a force for restorative...
- Help Spread the Word of our...
- Help SVdP distribute clothes to...
- Fight hunger in Oakland - serve...
- Professional Development Coach
- Help People Get Back to Work! -...
- Greet our Clients with a Smile...