Science, Engineering and Mathematics Link Inc. (SEM Link), a tax-exempt national nonprofit organization, is seeking a diverse group of professionals (mid-level career to retiree) to serve on its Board of Directors. Each Director is expected to use his/her access and influence to support the growth and development of the organization. Candidates must have previous leadership experience either through previous board experience or a leadership role in a nonprofit or Corporate Volunteer Program. As a national organization, we are looking for candidates in various geographical locations especially, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, IL, DC, Maryland, Virginia Area (DMV). Each candidate must be able commit to a minimum of one two-year term.
We have an immediate need for professionals with experience in the following areas:
- Fundraising/Resource Development
- Marketing/Public Relations
- Human Resources/Organization Development
There are also slots available for educators.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Capacity Planning
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Human Resources Strategy
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 28
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours per month
- Science Fair Judges- DMV
- Board of Directors
- STEM Career Fair and Exhibition-...
- Resource Development
- National Chemistry Week...
- National Chemistry Week- DMV Area
- Science Fair Project...
- Career Exploration Activity...
- National Engineers Week-...
- National Engineers Week- DMV Area
- Pi Day Celebration-Hands on STEM...
- Public and Community Relations
- Pi Day- Hands on Math Activites-...