Act as a companion for a person 60 years of age so the family caregiver can have respite.
Respite care is the temporary relief for persons (caregivers) who provide the primary care of a chronically ill or frail elderly person (care receiver). The objective is to assist families and caregivers to cope successfully with the day to day demands of providing care for a family member or friend.
Companion locations will be in the senior's home throughout MN.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-6 hrs a day weekly or bi-weekly
- Volunteers will care for seniors in their home.
- Cultural Orientation Interpreter
- Be a companion for a senior.
- Make A Meal Volunteer
- Cultural Orientation Teacher
- Make Fleece Blankets for Camp...
- Homeless Youth Support
- Homeless Youth Apartment...
- Meals on Wheels Drivers
- Immersion Experience
- Crisis Nursery Volunteer
- Shelter Support Volunteer
- Extended Cultural Orientation...
- Family Support Volunteer
- Respite Care Volunteer
- Support Youth Experiencing...