Pet therapy volunteers are needed to visit in the homes of hospice patients, assisted living facilities or nursing homes. It is a therapeutic resource to provide companionship, affection, and a calming influence.
Pets must be certified by a humane-animal organization and follow Amedisys Hospice procedures regarding companion therapy.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Certified by a humane-animal organization
- Nursing Home Hospice Volunteer
- Gardendale Area Patient Companion
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Calera Area Patient Companion
- Music Therapy Volunteer
- Cooking Meals and Baking to...
- Patient Companion Volunteer...
- Veteran Companionship
- Lawn Care Volunteer Needed
- Cosmetologist/Barber to Support...
- Trussville Area Patient Companion
- Administrative Volunteers
- Hueytown Area Patient Companion