Newton and Rockdale Counties - Volunteer with Hospice Patients
Volunteers are a crucial element to the Longleaf Hospice team, bringing an extra layer of care and support to our patients and their loved ones as well as administrative support in our offices and communities we serve.
We are actively seeking compassionate, caring, and dedicated volunteers to offer to offer companionship to our patients at their place of residence. We also look for volunteers to help in our office that is located off teh Square in Covington, GA.
DIRECT patient & family support
- Visiting, talking, reading, playing music, and games with patient
- Visiting in homes or in one of the Assisted Living Facilities (your choice)
- Providing respite for family members by sitting with the patient, running errands, assisting with shopping, helping with light housework, and delivering meals from Longleaf’s Hearts for Hospice Meal Program
- Administrative work in hospice office such as answering the telephone, filing, and preparing mailings
- Providing bereavement support, community outreach, phone calls, and education
- Assisting with arts & crafts projects when available such as memory books
Volunteers can choose which part of our geographical area they would like to concentrate on and are offered flexible choices in scheduling and the amount of time they wish to volunteer.
Note: Volunteers are not expected to assist with personal care (bathing, toileting, dressing, administering medications, etc.).
About Longleaf Hospice
2712 Lawrenceville Hwy, Suite 200, Decatur, GA 30033, US
To surround patients and families with compassionate care that enables them to embrace the end of life with dignity, courage, and peace.
Longleaf Hospice offers care to patients across the Metro Atlanta area by traveling to the patients' home or their assisted living/nursing facilities.
The goal at Longleaf Hospice is to help patients maintain an alert pain-free life through comfort care. We promote a philosophy of care that integrates the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of patients and their families.
Our mission is to surround patients and their families with care that is compassionate and care that enables them to embrace this phase of life with dignity, courage, and peace.