Rockdale and Newton Counties - Volunteer with Seniors
Volunteers are a crucial element to the Longleaf Hospice team, bringing an extra layer of care and support to our patients and their loved ones.
We are actively seeking compassionate, caring, and dedicated volunteers to offer:
DIRECT patient & family support
- Visiting, talking, reading, playing music, and games with patient
- Visiting in homes or in one of the Assisted Living Facilities (your choice)
- Providing respite for family members by sitting with the patient, running errands, assisting with shopping, helping with light housework, and delivering meals from Longleaf’s Hearts for Hospice Meal Program
- Administrative work in hospice office such as answering the telephone, filing, and preparing mailings
- Providing bereavement support, community outreach, phone calls, and education
- Assisting with arts & crafts projects when available such as memory books
Volunteers can choose which part of our geographical area they would like to concentrate on and are offered flexible choices in scheduling and the amount of time they wish to volunteer.
Note: Volunteers are not expected to assist with personal care (bathing, toileting, dressing, administering medications, etc.).