Person will be a Research Assistant for Stroke Research for the FastFES Project that is being performed with University of Delaware. Subjects attend 3x/week for 12 weeks. Once one subject finishes another subject starts. Duties include: Assisting Research Physical Therapist with treadmill training, blood pressure/pulse monitoring, distance measuring, assisting with subject safety
Skills Needed: no specific skills are necessary except being able to walk quickly enough to keep up with subjects when walking over ground. Remainder of skills mentioned above can be taught to volunteer
Shift: FLEXIBLE TIMES - 8:30 AM to 4:00PM
Hours Per Shift: 3 hours
Shifts Per Week: 3 shifts - M, W, Th
Total number of volunteers: (to cover all shifts): 3 - one to cover each day, or if someone wants to do 1 hrs 3 days a week, then will just need one other person
Location where volunteer will work: Magee Riverfront
Accessibility needs: (lifting, carrying, etc.): Standing to reach Emergency Stop button, Walking to measure distance
Great for a college student or high school student who wants to go into the health professions. Can use hours to get into professional school: PT, PA, OT
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Outpatient (Riverfront)...
- Concierge Services Volunteer
- Parking Lot and Garage Attendant...
- Lead Others to Volunteer at Magee!
- Riverfront greeter
- Discharge Transition Caller
- Patient Learning Resource Center...
- Healing Garden/Greenhouse...
- Administrative Intern
- Part-time Legal Assistant...
- Magee Activities Volunteer
- Dining Services Volunteer
- Teen Nursing Unit Volunteer -...
- Department Volunteer Assistant
- Purchasing Intern
- Help patients with essential...
- Day Room Volunteer
- Young Adult Computer Room...
- Weekend Activities Volunteer
- Volunteer Research Assistant