Our team of Earth Keepers work to revitalize and beautify parks, gardens and green spaces throughout New Jersey. Volunteers help maintain and improve such areas through a variety of gardening projects. No experience is necessary.
Please wear closed toed shoes and long pants.
Sunscreen and bug spray are recommended.
This is a labor intensive project.
The Historic Jersey City & Harsimus Cemetery is a state treasure. Prior to the creation of the Cemetery in 1829, its historical significance dates back to the 1700's as the site of Revolutionary War skirmishes, and an active Ammunition Bunker during the War of 1812 that still stands proudly. Now, the sacred eternal resting place of thousands of soldiers from the Revolutionary & Civil Wars, the War of 1812, the Spanish-American War, WWI and II, forward, as well as home to our earliest Jersey City founders, leaders, residents and legends. With its 200 year old English Ivy adorning many of the towering trees, and the monumental works of art, this six acre sanctuary of peace and unique history is one of the most beautiful natural settings in Jersey City.
NOTE: To participate in this project
you must be a Jersey Cares volunteer.
To sign up as a Jersey Cares volunteer:
1. Visit www.jerseycares.org
2. Click on "Log-In"
3. Click on "Not a Member? Register"
4. Fill out all necessary information.
5. Register for a project!
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Marketplace in East Brunswick
- Plant it Forward in Newark
- Donation Clean Up in Belmar
- Mobile Meals in Elizabeth
- Conversations and Connections in...
- Donation Delivery in Belmar
- Earth Keepers in Jersey City...
- Donation Sorting in Short Hills
- Hunger Helpers in Camden
- Earth Keepers in Watchung...
- Bingo Time with Veterans in...
- Advanced Computer Essentials in...
- Project Coordinator (Leadership...
- Kiddy Care in Madison
- Marketplace in Paterson
- Book Buddies in Wayne
- College Readiness Academic...
- Hunger Helpers in Hoboken
- Earth Keepers in Manchester
- Behind the Scenes with Jersey...