Bats are one of our most unique patients that are admitted to the Center. They need extra attention and specialized care. Maternity season for bats in Florida is April through August so that is when we have the most in our care but injured adults are admitted throughout the year. Baby bats are cared for by our volunteers in their homes until they are ready to go to a release cage. You will also learn to stabilize injured bats and give supportive care while they heal.
You will provide
an isolated room that only you enter to care for the bats.
scheduled hand feedings based on the age of the bats. (usually every 3 hrs)
maintain the incubators and specialiazed housing for the bats.
hand fed insects to train them to eat from a dish.
a maintained insect colony to be used for food
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs/day
- rabies vacination, live w/i 20 mi from Gainesville
- Construction Manager
- After hours Helpline Assistant
- Rescue / Transport
- Animal Care - Outshelter Opossums
- Animal Care - Outshelter...
- Volunteer Assistant
- Community Relations Assistant
- Animal care - Outshelter rabbits
- Board of Directors - advisory...
- Office Assistant
- Rehab Center - maintenance
- Animal Care - Outshelter Bats