Homeless Drop-In Center Program Associate
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where514 Newark Avenuein the front building of Hudson Gardensat the corner of Palisade AvenueJersey City, NJ 07306
HOMELESS DROP-IN PROGRAM ASSOCIATE
GSECDC (Garden State Episcopal Community Development Corporation) is seeking a Program Associate Volunteer to help the Hudson CASA Program with one or more of the following very important task areas, at our Drop-In Center serving the Homeless in our community.
- Provide and promote a welcoming atmosphere and greet guests
- Assist program participants with use of the program computers for online Searches and Applications for Employment and Apartments
- Provide assistance with Breakfast and Snack preparation and Service
- Staff the on-site food pantry and clothes closet
- Seek in-kind donations of food and services
- Assist with promotion of upcoming events such as food or supplies Drives
- Over 18 years of age
- Willingness to embrace GSECDC’s mission to provide basic human needs with Respect and Compassion
- Ability and desire to work with people from various backgrounds and circumstances
- Specialized skills (such as computer use, resume writing, knit/crochet, etc., etc.!) which you're willing to share, are desired and appreciated but not required.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- weekdays, daytimes
- once per week preferred, but flexible