Weekday/Daytime Homeless Drop-In Center Associate
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
88 people are interested
HOMELESS DROP-IN PROGRAM ASSOCIATE
GSECDC (Garden State Episcopal Community Development Corporation) is seeking a Program Associate Volunteer to help the Hudson CASA Program with one or more of the following very important task areas, at our Drop-In Center serving the Homeless in our community.
- Organize and staff the on-site Clothes Closet
- Provide assistance with Breakfast and Snack preparation and service
- Provide and promote a welcoming atmosphere and greet guests
- Assist program participants with use of the program computers for online Searches and Applications for Employment and Apartments
- Seek in-kind donations of food, toiletries, supplies, etc.
- Assist with promotion of upcoming events, such as food or supplies Drives
- Over 18 years of age
- Willingness to adhere to strict Confidentiality guidelines
- Willingness to embrace GSECDC’s mission to provide basic human needs with Respect and Compassion
- Ability and desire to work with people from various backgrounds and circumstances
- We appreciate but do not require specialized skills, such as translation, computer use, resume-writing, knitting/crocheting, etc.
About Garden State Episcopal CDC
514 Newark Avenue, in the front building of Hudson Gardens, at the corner of Palisade Avenue, Jersey City, NJ 07306, US
GSECDC's goals are
- to end homelessness in Hudson County
-to assist NJ residents to successfully gain employment, by offering training and job placement assistance
- to provide opportunities for low- and moderate-income families become homeowners- to empower Hudson County residents, business, and other Institutions to revitalize local neighborhoods.
The Garden State Episcopal Community Development Corporation (GSECDC) is a community-based non-profit 501(c)(3) agency with over 24 years of experience providing supportive and affordable housing and vital social services.
GSECDC's wide range of services target individuals who are living with or at risk of HIV/AIDS, under-housed, homeless, substance using and/or mentally ill.
GSECDC is staffed with qualified and highly skilled social service professionals, experienced in providing culturally competent services and sensitive and responsive to the special needs of our consumers.
The programs of the GSECDC Division of Supportive Housing and Social Services directly serve people without permanent housing.
Corpus Christi Ministries Housing provides permanent, supportive housing to individuals and families living with HIV/AIDS.
RIST Program (Residential Intensive Support Team) provides permanent supportive housing and services to consumers living with mental illness, in order to promote wellness and recovery.
Hudson CASA (Hudson Creating Alliances to Shelter All) provides intensive case management, home finding, employment counseling and substance counseling, to assist homeless individuals find and secure permanent housing and stabilize their lives.
Hudson CASA Emergency Housing provides emergency shelter and case management for individuals and families living with HIV/AIDS.
Hudson CASA Recovery Support Project DROP-IN Center offers accessible, flexible services in a non-traditional setting, to support Homeless clients in Recovery and engage them in substance abuse treatment. We provide ongoing Health Education Risk Reduction Education to prevent HIV Infection and Re-Infection.
We'll work with your schedule.
514 Newark Avenuein the front building of Hudson Gardensat the corner of Palisade AvenueJersey City, NJ 07306
- Basic Computer Skills
- Customer Service
- Event Planning / Management
- Critical Thinking
- Visual Arts
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Weekdays, Daytimes, especially Mornings
- minimum 2 hours, if possible; once a week or once every 2 weeks is ideal, but not required