Homeless Drop-In Center Program Associate
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
71 people are interested
HOMELESS DROP-IN PROGRAM ASSOCIATE
GSECDC (Garden State Episcopal Community Development Corporation) is seeking a Program Associate Volunteer to help the Hudson CASA Program with one or more of the following very important task areas, at our Drop-In Center serving the Homeless in our community.
- Organize and staff the on-site Clothes Closet
- Provide assistance with Breakfast and Snack preparation and service
- Provide and promote a welcoming atmosphere and greet guests
- Assist program participants with use of the program computers for online Searches and Applications for Employment and Apartments
- Seek in-kind donations of food, toiletries, supplies, etc.
- Assist with promotion of upcoming events, such as food or supplies Drives
- Over 18 years of age
- Willingness to embrace GSECDC’s mission to provide basic human needs with Respect and Compassion
- Ability and desire to work with people from various backgrounds and circumstances
- We appreciate but do not require specialized skills, such as translation, computer use, resume-writing, knitting/crocheting, etc.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
514 Newark Avenuein the front building of Hudson Gardensat the corner of Palisade AvenueJersey City, NJ 07306
- Basic Computer Skills
- Customer Service
- Event Planning / Management
- Critical Thinking
- Visual Arts
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Weekdays, Daytimes, especially Mornings
- minimum 2 hours, if possible; once a week or once every 2 weeks is ideal, but not required