10 REASONS TO VOLUNTEER WITH THE WORLDVIEW PROJECT:
1. You will be actively involved in furthering the cause of greater cross-cultural awareness, understanding and engagement. (It's what we do!)
2. You will work with smart, enthusiastic, talented and committed volunteers who hail from all over the world, of all ages.
3. You will work in a friendly, safe and supportive environment (please check our reviews!).
4. You can enhance your resume (employers often check to see if a job seeker volunteers). If you do a great job (and have put in sufficient time), you can ask for a reference.
5. You will do work that is important (although some routine tasks still have to be done!).
6. You will get to share your own international experiences (if any).
7. We will do our best to match your skills and interests with our needs.
8. You will have the opportunity to develop new skills or improve the ones you already have.
9. You may get to eat some outstanding ethnic food (and are encouraged to share!)
10. There is considerable room for growth in responsibility and the impact you have.
The Worldview Project is a San Diego based non-profit whose mission is to promote cross-cultural awareness, understanding and appreciation through: web-based resources, programs, publications, social networking and events.
Please read through this entire listing before contacting us as it contains important information regarding this opportunity.
Social Media Volunteer Duties: We are currently seeking a social media volunteer or intern with marketing and/or advertising experience to help promote our mission, market our varied projects and programs, liaison with advertisers, create and maintain links with other organizations. Prefer someone who is web-savvy and has great phone and communication skills. Applicant should have experience with Facebook, Twitter, online blogging, marketing and/or advertising, great personal and written communication skills, cultural sensitivity and awareness, international experience, attention to detail and indefatigable determination, experience with web and print marketing and advertising.
Please note that our office is only open Monday through Thursday from 10 am to 5 pm. We are not open in the evenings or on weekends.
To learn more about The Worldview Project, please visit our website: www.thewvp.org and our online magazine:www.participantobserver.org.
When you write us (please don't telephone), it is helpful if you tell us a little bit about your skills, experience, interests and anything else you might want to share so that we may respond to your inquiry more fully. If you don't hear back from us in one week's time, feel free to call our office at (858) 964-0709, but please contact us first by email.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 6 months commitment
- Must come to the office a min of 1 day per week