The Social Media Coordinator will help moderate and inspire promotional communications via company specific Internet-based applications to encourage the exchange of user-generated content. This position will serve as a conduit between the sales force and website consumers, (retailers, on and off premise customers, suppliers and the general public) to report events via social media channels.
Manages the social media elements to foster interaction, education, engagement and discussion regarding the company’s brands and products through the use of online communities. The Social Media Coordinator will manage, update and enhance through creative efforts our social media efforts; facebook, twitter, and other blogs and social media channels.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
· Oversee website and is responsible to make them informative, relevant, and current for customers, employees and consumers, to include updates on events, new items, marketing efforts, media, innovation, market activity congruent with company philosophies.
· Responsible for the coordination of development, advancements, technology upgrades, creativity to social media resources.
· Creatively and proactively assist the website consumers in their requests for information.
· Serve as the initial point of contact for inbound requests on online company digital properties (ie: company Twitter page) and the web at large.
· Identify, analyze issues, patterns and trends in customer requests about products/services.
· Disseminate above information to the appropriate internal departments so that they can respond accordingly:
o Ideas to product marketing
o Messaging effectiveness to marketing
o Frequently asked questions noted
· Monitor and participate in online conversation via posts to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
· Author blog posts, articles, podcasts, videos and screencasts, (or relevant media) to creatively communicate product uses per company philosophies.
· Monitor media channels on a daily basis or as needed for content issues.
· Develop and execute initiatives to drive member-generated content, increase community participation and add value to the online community experience.
· Identify and drive opportunities for intersecting online community features with potential partners.
· Identify, develop and manage relationships with service providers that can add value to the site feature.
· Provide tracking and metrics to communicate community activity to internal and external clients.
· Assist in coordinating special events as necessary.
Additional Duties And Responsibilities:
· Performs other duties as assigned by BSTFPA
Theatre Talents: The following talents strongly contribute to the success of an individual in this position.
· Achiever - People here have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive.
· Activator - People here can make things happen by turning thoughts into action. They are often impatient.
· Command - People here have presence. They can take control of a situation and make decisions.
· Competition - People here measure their progress against the performance of others. They strive to win first place and revel in contests.
· Focus - People here can take a direction, follow through, and make corrections necessary to stay on track. They prioritize, then act.
· Inclusiveness - People here are accepting of others. They show awareness of those who feel left out, and make an effort to include them.
· Self Assurance - People here feel confident in their ability to manage their own lives. They possess an inner compass that gives them confidence that their decisions are right.
Theatre Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Understands social media universe including Facebook, YouTube, Forums, Twitter, blogs, etc.
· Possesses strong computer/internet skills
· Able to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment
· Excels at research, possesses excellent writing skills and the ability to create editorial and technical writing output quickly
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products
· Dedicated to blogging, microblogging (i.e. Twitter) and use of Facebook
· Understands the power of feed marketing (i.e. RSS)
· Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media
· Demonstrated ability to map out a marketing strategy and then drive that strategy
· Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
· Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
· Ability to work with multiple teams simultaneously-both internal and external-in a dynamic fast-paced environment
· Discretion to identify threats and opportunities in user generated content
· Knowledge of search engine optimization basics including basic keyword research.
· Understands what it means to shoulder the communication of a brand
· Has excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
· Eager to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
· Brings to the position outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
· Ability to communicate results to management and in a fast paced environment
· Knowledge and understanding of market trends.
· Knowledge of the beer industry.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
Will consider college student, as well as individual with reference confirming extensive experience.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not mandatory.
· Minimum of 3-5 years related digital or communications experience desired.
· Maintains a personal mix of participatory expertise in social media channels including but not limited to YouTube, Foursquare Bookmarking sites (such as StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit), Flickr, Forums, Twitter, Wikis, blogs, etc.
· Most work virtual. However, working in office environments and out in the field as needed is expected.
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Theater Arts
- Youth Activities Management
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment