Patient assistance volunteers have indirect contact with patients on medical and surgical units. They assist staff with bed making, running errands, visiting patients, patient escort, setting up meal trays, checking on call lights, and some general clerical work. Volunteers become part of the patient service team. The assignment offers opportunities to work with patients,families and professional staff. There is an opportunity to learn first hand about hospital systems and the many roles in the healthcare field.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 150 Hours
- Volunteer on Patient Care Units
- Hospital Ambassador- Bring a...
- Action packed - Emergency Room...
- Got an Hour? - Share your Pet...
- Family Health Center Greeter
- Friendly Family Visit Project
- Friendly Visitor
- Ambulatory Surgery Ambassador
- Super Sprowtz Children'sVolunteer
- Brighten a Child's Hospital...