UniversalGiving™, an award-winning global social-entrepreneurship nonprofit organization, is looking for a QA/Web Intern to join our exciting team. The QA/Web Intern will support Product Development, working closely with UniversalGiving's Senior Product Development Manager and coordinating with the Product Development team. The intern is expected to assist in the planning of test procedures, perform rigorous testing of new website features and applications, coordinate with team members to perform additional testing, collect feedback on results, and support numerous ongoing web projects within the Product Development business unit.
UniversalGiving™ internships offer exciting opportunities to those wishing to make a significant impact and contribution to our global communities. Join UniversalGiving and work closely with a dedicated international team, while gaining valuable skills and insight in a social-entrepreneurship nonprofit organization.
"The Product Development team at UniversalGiving is a smart, effective, and responsive group of people. Team members constantly offer each other feedback and support. You never feel that your work is being taken for granted. I feel very lucky to be a part of the PD team!" - Jane Lanman, QA Intern
UniversalGiving™ is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing projects all over the world. Our projects are vetted through a proprietary Quality Model™ to ensure the most effective, trustworthy philanthropy possible. Unique to UniversalGiving, we take no cut on donations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the cause.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, UniversalGiving has been profiled on CBS and in FOX Business Network, and has also been featured in BusinessWeekFast Company, CSRWire, WomenEntrepreneur, Oprah.com, NBC News, The Christian Science Monitor, The New York Times, The Financial Times, MarketWatch, CNNMoney.com, Change.organd See Change Magazine. UniversalGiving™ is the 2010 winner of the Opportunity Knocks' Best Nonprofit to Work for Award.
CEO Pamela Hawley is a winner of the Jefferson Award (the Nobel Prize in Community Service) and was selected as one of 50 leaders to the White House's Next Generation Leadership and Social Innovation event. She is also a Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and a Colburn S. Wilbur Leadership Fellow at the Global Ethics Institute. She has been chosen as a Fast Company Expert Blogger on CSR.
Duration: This is an unpaid internship with a commitment of 15-20 hours per week for 3 to 4 months (4 months preferred). Ideal candidates are available to work in our downtown San Francisco office.
- Take a critical role in the deployment cycle and production release of application components and interfaces experienced by hundreds of internet viewers around the world
- Collaborate with our product development team to deliver with quality and efficiency
- Develop, modify, and execute software test plans to ensure exemplary quality of UniversalGiving's website
- Coordinate with other team members to perform rigorous testing, collect detailed feedback, track bugs, and report findings
- Prepare maintenance documentation
- Work with senior leadership on priority web projects to increase results for the Product Development business unit
- Manage numerous web projects to identify solutions, prioritize efforts, deliver results, document information, and see projects through to completion
- Research and provide astute software/upgrade recommendations
- Applied, hands-on experience owning and leading QA/Web projects for a global website
- Experience working at a global, social-entrepreneurship nonprofit
- Collaboration within a positive team environment
- Increased understanding of and alignment with global issues
- Networking with other nonprofit professionals
- Career mentoring with Pamela Hawley, Founder & CEO of UniversalGiving™
- With positive work experience, references provided
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "QA/Web Intern " in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
UniversalGiving™ is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.
UniversalGiving’s vision is to "Create a World Where Giving and Volunteering Are a Natural Part of Everyday Life."™
For more information please visit:
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Volunteer Product Manager
- Business Operations Intern
- Marketing Intern
- QA/Web Intern
- CSR Intern/Volunteer
- Executive Assistant to the CEO...
- Office/Administrative support...
- Development Intern/Volunteer
- NGO Services Intern
- Social Media Internship
- Software Engineer / Consultant
- Development Returnship
- Design Internship
- Marketing Partnerships...
- Salesforce Admin Intern/Volunteer
- Corporate Returnship for...