Like Flexing Your Muscles? Become a Food Pantry Stocker!!!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
86 people are interested
Some people don't see how stocking shelves can help our community, but they aren't seeing our community shopping from those shelves with dignity, that's because of our Stockers.
The persons performing this job will arrive before the Pantry opens to organize available resources for distribution to customers. Stockers will check in with Pantry staff to determine tasks to be performed during a shift. The stocking crew will have the Pantry supplied, reorganized and cleaned by the start of each day of Pantry operation.
Stocker tasks may include:
- restocking shelves with canned and dry goods from reserve supplies
- restocking freezers and coolers
- receiving, preparing and stocking donations of produce, bakery and perishable food
- disposing of spoiled and unusable items
- disposing of boxes
- communicating problems to the Pantry Staff
- cleaning and mopping spills
- be able to lift and carry at least 35 pounds of grocery items
- be able work standing and walking for the majority of the scheduled shift.
- be familiar with and willing to use appropriate food-handling and safety practices.
We'll work with your schedule.
2033 Fish Hatchery RoadMadisonMadison, WI 53713
- People 55+
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Many of our volunteer stockers choose one shift per week, while others come in a few times. It all depends on your schedule and availability.