The Learners Lab (TLL) is a charitable workforce training and fiscal sponsor resource center currently staffed by volunteer executives. We are hiring a part time Executive Assistant Volunteers (EAVs) to assist the chief executive officer in with start-up needs.
MUST BE AVAILABLE DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS AT LEAST 3 BUSINESS DAYS EACH WEEK. This is required for responding to and making calls for TLL. All other work time is flexible unless otherwise indicated.
TLL is in start-up mode, has 2 website development project underway with one nearing pre-launch. We need a ton of technical assistance & strategic planning writing -- both will focus on the following:
- non-profit operations,
- web site project planning and operations,
- program management design & development,
- capacity building (fiscal sponsorship mentors & training vendor partners),
- grant writing, and partnership development
- resource acquisition & program deployment
Multile candidates are needed so that timely contributions can be made to each of these areas, particularly as it relates to making follow-up calls; we have been working with little to no help and are a year behind schedule.
- BS w/at least 5 years work experience (full vs. part time not a factor)
- reliable computing equipment and Internet access; software provided as needed
- exellent proofing and attention to detail, highly organized
- instinctively time and task management oriented
- flexible schedule, remote
- discrete, well-suited to serving a confidential environment
- must be articulate; good interpersonal skills required for encountering potential funders, government officials, TLL Partners or other interested parties when conducting follow-ups
- well versed in Word, Excel, use of PDF forms (will teach how to create if needed), WP/HTML for occasional website updates, and social media tools
Preference given to applicants with foreign language and translation skills as we plan operations and services in non-English languages, preferably sooner rather than later.M
Must be available 20 hours per week -- no evenings or weekends required, but welcome.
While not obligated to accept, our volunteer positions are designed to transition to permanent as we become fully funded.
The duration of this need is a minimum of 4 - 6 month.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume with 2 writing samples to HRServices@TheLearnersLab.org, Attn: EA Volunteer (PT) in the subject line. Interviews will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. Preference given to applicant who read this post, can committ the time needed and have visited the TLL website so learn about what we're planning.
Many thanks, and good luck!
- Grant Writing / Research
- Resource Development / Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be available 20 hrs during normal biz day.
- writing, communications, phone skills, some social media, strategic planning, project planning.