The Learners Lab (TLL) is a charitable workforce training and fiscal sponsor resource center currently staffed by volunteer executives. We are hiring a part time Executive Assistant Intern to partner with the chief executive officer in conducting start-up operations.
From this internship program you will learn and assit with start-up strategic planning, non-profit operations, program management, capacity building (mentors & partners), and resource acquisition from the ground up. You will also help us refine the components of our Internship Program.
What distinguishes our Internship program from others, and from the Apprenticeship program will also develop, is learning TLL general business operations, as well as nonprofit business management, PLUS whatever industry, field, career, or specialized skill it is you want to begin mastering, to the extent that we can facilitate. Where we cannot deliver, we will secure a Mentor Partner so you can achieve that workforce training goal.
* BS, communications, marketing, or journalism + at least 3 years work experience (full vs. part time vs. volunteer is not a factor)
* reliable computing equipment and Internet access; software provided as needed
* good proofing and attention to detail, highly organized
* instinctively time and task management oriented* flexible schedule, mostly remote to start
* discrete, well-suited to serving a confidential environment
* adept interpersonal and relationship building skills for encountering funders, government officials, TLL Partners and other interesting parties
* well versed in Word, Excel, PDF forms, HTML, and social media tools
*"Preference given to applicants with foreign language and translation skills as we will be providing our services in non-English languages sooner rather than later.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO HELP DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS AT LEAST 3 BUSINESS DAYS EACH WEEK. This is needed to assist with responding to and making calls. All other work time is flexible unless other indicated.
THIS POSITION is currently planned for 15 - 20 hours per week, no evenings unless preferred to accomodate a part time job, and occasional weekends to support one of TLLs fiscal sponsorship awardees. We offer school credit (if candidate is in school), and will award credits+stipend as funding come in, something you will assist with. While not obligated to accept, this internship will transition to permanent employment once all staffing positions are fully funded and TLL becomes fully operational.
The duration required is a minimum of 4 - 6 months, based upon how much the individual wants to take on. The intern hired will not only learn components of the subject areas above, but will also learn how to develop, refine TLLs formal Internship program. Subject Matter topics include:
- Financial Management: The Do's, Don't s and Must's
- Financial Self-Sufficiency: How to Keep Money Coming In So You Are Not "TOTALLY" Reliant on Grants and Contributions -- Thinking Creatively to Generate On-Going Revenue
- Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations
- Grant Proposal Writing: Gvt vs. Non Gvt Grant Preparation
- Grant Review Process: Gvt vs. Non Gvt Grant Review Requirements
- Introduction to the Tax Exempts, the Non-Profit Sector
- Nonprofit Management: How the Charity Part Works & How to Maintain
- Public and Nonprofit Financial Management
- RFP Preparation: Gvt vs. Non Gvt Program Requirements & Preparation
- Tax Exempt Operations Consistent vs. Varied
** The Candidate hired may also select an additional subject that is NOT LIMITED TO or focused on TLL OPERATIONS OR SUPPORT SERVICES**
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume with 2 writing samples to HRServices@TheLearnersLab.org, Attn: EA Intern (PT) in the subject line. Interviews will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. Preference given to applicant who read this post, can committ the time needed and have visited the TLL website so learn about what we're planning.
Many thanks, and good luck!
- Grant Writing / Research
- Social Media / Blogging
- Resource Development / Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Start-up needs at least 10 hrs during the day.
- writing, communications, social media, calls