The Learners Lab (TLL) is a charitable workforce training and fiscal sponsor resource center currently staffed by volunteer executives. We are hiring a part time Management Assistant (MA's) Volunteers to assist the chief executive officer in with start-up needs.
***Can be volunteer-to-hire if desired.
***PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT IF NOT WILLING TO DO THE WORK. We're getting people who disappear after they volunteer.
MUST BE AVAILABLE DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS AT LEAST 3 BUSINESS DAYS EACH WEEK. This is required for responding to and making calls for TLL. All other work time is flexible unless otherwise indicated.
TLL is in start-up mode, has 2 website development project underway with one nearing pre-launch. We need a ton of operations management & strategic planning assistance, w/writing in the following areas:
- non-profit operations,
- web site project planning and operations,
- program management design & development,
- capacity building (fiscal sponsorship mentors & training vendor partners),
- grant writing, and partnership development
- resource acquisition & program deployment
Multile candidates are needed so that timely contributions can be made to each of these areas, particularly as it relates to making follow-up calls; we have been working with little to no help and are a year behind schedule.
- BS w/at least 5 years work experience (full vs. part time not a factor)
- reliable computing equipment and Internet access; software provided as needed
- exellent proofing and attention to detail, highly organized
- instinctively time and task management oriented
- flexible schedule, remote
- discrete, well-suited to serving a confidential environment
- must be articulate; good interpersonal skills required for encountering potential funders, government officials, TLL Board, Partners or other stakeholders
- well versed in Word, Excel, use of PDF forms (will teach forms development & configuration if needed), WP/HTML for occasional website updates, and social media tools
Preference given to applicants with foreign language and translation skills as we plan operations and services in non-English languages, preferably sooner rather than later.
Must be available 20 hours per week -- no evenings or weekends required, but welcome.
While not obligated to accept, ALL our volunteer positions are designed to transition to permanent as we become fully funded. ALL our volunteer positions will begin receiving stipends once revenue starts coming -- that is directly dependant upon the work getting done to make that happen.
The minimum duration for this opportunity is 4 - 6 month.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume with 2 writing samples to HRServices@TheLearnersLab.org, Attn: MA Volunteer in the subject line. Interviews will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. Preference given to applicant who actually read this post and are able to discuss its components, are willing to committ at least 20 hours a week (all remote) and have visited the TLL website so learn about what we're planning.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Analysis
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development & Sales Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hrs wkly, w/at least 2-3 during the biz day.
- writing/communications, phone skills, social media, strategic planning, project planning, bi-lingual