Become a Volunteer Advocate for Victims of Sexual Assault and Child Abuse
212 people are interested
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with Mosaic Georgia. We greatly appreciate your commitment to helping others. We have two options for volunteering with our Center: Victim Advocate Role: Volunteers are on-call during the evenings or weekends to return crisis calls from your home and/or meeting the response team at our center in Duluth for the forensic exam, All volunteers must complete a 30-hour training program before going on-call. *Mosaic Georgia asks that you minimally commit to 1 year volunteering with our Center. In-direct Volunteer Role: Volunteers can work on projects that can be completed during office or sometimes after hours/weekends. This position may also be involved with community awareness and fundraising.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Mosaic Georgia
PO BOX 1329, Duluth, GA 30096, US
Mosaic Georgia is nationally recognized for its exceptional delivery of comprehensive services to victims and families impacted by crimes of sexual assault and child sexual/ physical abuse.
Mosaic Georgia is nationally recognized for its exceptional delivery of comprehensive services to victims and families impacted by crimes of sexual assault and child sexual/ physical abuse. Services provided are developmentally appropriate and specialized to meet the distinctive needs of each individual impacted by crimes of sexual violence. There is no charge to victims that receive direct-services from Mosaic Georgia. Programs and services provided include:
- 24-hour crisis line/support line for allied professionals
- 24-hour crisis intervention support
- 24/7 - forensic-medical evidentiary exam and GBI-SAEK evidence collection
- Victim Advocacy; Medical Advocacy; Family Advocacy
- Legal Advocacy Services
- 24/7 - Forensic Interviews (child and adolescent)
- Community awareness and education
- Professional training for schools, law enforcement, prosecutors, judges, medical and mental health professionals.
- College campus presentations
- Consultation for schools, media, government agencies, publications and educational films.
- Georgia Adolescent & Adult Sexual Assault Examiner (SAE)/ Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Trainings provided statewide; Georgia Pediatric-Advanced SAE/ SANE Training Programs.
We'll work with your schedule.
Mosaic GeorgiaP.O.Box 1329Duluth, GA 30096
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment: Sign 1-Year Minimum Commitment
- Interview, Reference Check