Director of Communications
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where26040 AceroSte 106Mission Viejo, CA 92691
The Director of Communications oversees and conducts the search and rescue efforts when urban disaster strikes. He/She is responsible for organizing urban work, and units to specialized task forces based on the emergency whether that be infrastructure collapse, or explosions. The Director of Operations organizes the strategies to approach an emergency and deliver the desired search and rescue results. Through the use of organizational skills, he/she will manage the use of vehicular transportation, food and survival supplies, emergency communications and general disaster relief. In addition, He/She is responsible for the collaboration of training and certification of volunteers in order to approach the disaster at hand. The Director of Operations’ role in the rescue effort is that of the leader. His actions and behaviors will dictate the ambiance of the rescue and training efforts and either alleviate or motivate the personnel at hand. Overall, the Director of Operations serves as the focal point for the coordination of emergency response activities and the ability of G.I. Joe Search and Rescue to deliver their mission statement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Graphic design ability
● Manages the Foundation’s communications efforts, including earned and donated media, social media, print collaterals and e-newsletters.
● Individual donor management and communications while managing GIJ's dono database
● Develops and coordinates mass donor communications and marketing (monthly web/enewsletter content, and print collaterals, social media, messaging framework, donation websites, online advertising)
● Creates and coordinates programs in order to add to the organization’s support base among individuals, corporations, and other additional sources.
● Creates and implements strategy to seek nondonor prospects from other donors, volunteers and board members.
● Coordination of field photo journalists / filmmakers
● Managing and proofreading blog content
● Provides leadership and manages all fundraising efforts.
● Establishes longterm, highly visible partnerships with companies and other organizations that add value to the Foundation.
● Creates and implements solicitation annual plan and timeline. Makes cultivation/solicitation calls on individual and corporate prospects and records contacts and touches and maintains records. With the Fundraising Director, sets goals and metrics and monitors progress. Provides monthly/quarterly report
● Evaluates donor database for "giving" trends to identify potential pledge donors.
● Develops and implements a "sales" and communication strategy and materials for prospective partner relationships, e.g. "pitch books".
● Researches and investigates financial planning/advisor profession to identify new individual and corporate prospects.
● Manages the endowment campaign activities and facilitates and supports volunteer activities to meet the overall fundraising goals.
● Manages training for volunteer solicitors and development of support materials.
● Develops and maintains relationships with key journalists and thought leaders to help propel Foundation’s mission forward.
● Develops fundraising and communications materials in conjunction with the appropriate committees, e.g. fundraising and communications.
● Manages the everyday communications operations, including the Donor Relationship Management databases and the Communications calender.
● Experience in communication, business, Marketing or related field preferred.
● Communications background and experience is also highly desirable.
● Experience/knowledge of the financial planning profession/industry is an asset. CFRE designation is a plus.
● Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering successful fundraising strategies and campaigns across a variety of initiatives.
● Excellent written, verbal, visual/presentation and interpersonal communications skills. High energy level, team player dedicated to excellent customer service for internal and external customers.
● Strong managerial and strategic thinking skills. Skilled in creating "win win" relationships and value added partnerships.
● Proficient with Office software and database management software (experience with Donor Perfect a plus).
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Strategic Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible! We'll work with you!
- MUST HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE.