Development Assistant Volunteer will assist with organizing, administering and successful execution of NVFS events including, our Bowl-a-thon and annual gala as well as support drives, including food, self-care supplies, diapers, etc. Duties include: maintaining accurate records of in-kind donations, donation pick-up and delivery, preparing flyers and social media announcements, and engaging donors and businesses to solicit their support.
Volunteers must have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including good customer service
- Interest in nonprofit management, fundraising, events, communications and/or volunteer engagement
- Ability to take initiative and mix working independently and working with teams
- Desire to gain professional experience
- Knowledge of Excel and Publisher helpful
Volunteers should be able to work a minimum 4 hours a week. Times are flexible Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm.
This is an excellent intern or service learning opportunity.
- Donor Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 months
- Put a Smile on a Shelter Child's...
- Join the Fight to End Hunger
- Help us end homelessness -...
- Use your Spanish Speaking Skills...
- Development Assistant at NVFS
- NVFS Toy Drive Needs You!
- You Can Support the Homeless
- Help Drive Out Hunger
- Santa Needed!!!
- Looking For a Great Group...
- Holiday Gift Wrappers Needed
- Are you a hearing person who...
- Shelter Resident Transport Driver
- You can help fight Hunger!
- Prepare a Homecooked Meal for...