Intern - American Lung Association in DE
35 people are interested
Seeking full time and part time student interns to work with the American Lung Association Development team. Our mission is to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease.
- Support Development staff with logistics associated with special events, including assisting with creation of invitation list, all logistics, soliciting sponsors and in-kind donations, communicating with participants and volunteers, developing public relations plans
- Conducting prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors
- Completing general office duties
An ideal candidate must:
- Be responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills
- Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, e.g., Microsoft Word, Word Perfect Excel and PowerPoint
- Be able to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks
- Possess an interest in a nonprofit career ‐ particularly development and fundraising
- Consent to a background check and have a current driver’s license and clean driving record.
Time commitment: Minimum of 8 hours per week; minimum 1 month commitment, with 6 months desirable. Compensation: This is an unpaid position. There is opportunity for school credit if allowed by the college/university of applicant. Position offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and can result in a great reference.
Contact: Katie Lapp 302-565-2070 or Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org
About American Lung Association in DE
630 Churchmans Road, ste 202, Newark, DE 19702, US
The American Lung Association's mission is to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease.
The American Lung Association in DE provides various programs and services throughout Delaware to support in the fight against lung disease, and to promote lung health. The ALA offers smoking cessation programs, COPD and Asthma support groups "Better Breathers Club," lead the Kick Butts Generation - a youth lead anti-tobacco organization, Asthma camps offered to children suffering with asthma, and much more! The American Lung Association works tirelessly to provide funding for research on curing lung disease, while leading the efforts to fight for clean air - including the Delaware Beaches new smoke free policies!
We'll work with your schedule.
630 Churchmans RoadSuite 202Newark, DE 19702
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Resource Development / Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 45 hrs to 400+ hrs internships available