Seeking full time and part time student interns to work with the American Lung Association Development team. Our mission is to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease.
- Support Development staff with logistics associated with special events, including assisting with creation of invitation list, all logistics, soliciting sponsors and in-kind donations, communicating with participants and volunteers, developing public relations plans
- Conducting prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors
- Completing general office duties
An ideal candidate must:
- Be responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills
- Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, e.g., Microsoft Word, Word Perfect Excel and PowerPoint
- Be able to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks
- Possess an interest in a nonprofit career ‐ particularly development and fundraising
- Consent to a background check and have a current driver’s license and clean driving record.
Time commitment: Minimum of 15 hours per week; minimum 3 month commitment, with 6 months desirable. Compensation: This is an unpaid position. There is opportunity for school credit if allowed by the college/university of applicant. Position offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and can result in a great reference.
Contact: Katie Lapp 302-565-2070 or Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Resource Development / Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 45 hrs to 400+ hrs internships available