Make a Meaningful Difference in the Lives of Hospice Patients & Families
63 people are interested
Volunteers are an essential part of the Compassionate Hospice Care team and have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and their caregivers. Your time is needed and valued.
You may choose to serve in a variety of ways:
- Patient companionship: talking with a patient, reading, simply holding their hand
- Caregiver respite: providing a break for a family member to take care of their own needs
- Volunteer with your dog and provide pet therapy. Your dog needs to pass the Canine Good Citizen test to be eligible to visit patients.
- Sing or play an instrument for a patient and/or caregiver
- Provide Massage, Reiki or Comfort Touch
- Hospice Office support
- Bereavement support
About Compassionate Hospice Care
11935 Quay Street, Broomfield, CO 80020, US
Compassionate Hospice Care is guided by a tradition of personal and clinical excellence. We believe that serving patients, their families and caregivers with compassionate and life-affirming end-of-life care in the community setting is the most important activity of the organization. The hospice team reflects a spirit and idea for caring that emphasizes comfort, dignity and respects autonomy for each person.
Compassionate Hospice Care is looking for dedicated volunteers who desire to provide companionship and comfort to those receiving hospice care and offer tangible support to those caring for them.
No experience is necessary. Volunteers are provided with an interesting and practical orientation. Essential characteristics of an effective volunteer include compassion, dependability, trustworthiness, patience and flexibility.
If you have recently experienced the death of a loved one, you may serve administratively in our office but need to wait 13 months post your loss to serve as a companion to patients.
We'll work with your schedule.
Denver/ Boulder Metro Area, at patients' locationsBroomfield, CO 80020
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Animal Therapy
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Varies by assignment, 1-4x/month for a few hours, we work with your schedule.
- Volunteers must participate in orientation before working with patients.