Volunteers are an essential part of the Compassionate Hospice Care team. Your time is needed and valued. You may choose to serve in a variety of ways:
- Pt companionship: sitting with a patient, reading to them, writing letters, listening to them and getting to know their stories, playing cards, going outside, crafting together, creating a memory book, listening to music or just being present and holding their hand.
- Caregiver respite: spending time with a patient so their caregiver can leave for an appointment or receive a break for a few hours.
- Volunteer with your dog. Dogs bring unconditional love and comfort to patients and their caregivers. Your dog needs to pass the Canine Good Citizen test to be eligible to visit patients.
- Music Therapy: Providing music as a comfort to a patient and/or caregiver.
- Provide Massage to a patient or their caregiver: If you are licensed to massage professional, your skills are highly valued and could provide great comfort to our patients or their caregivers.
- Reiki Massage: Reiki is an incredible treatment for people during end of the life care. We would love to share this modality with our patients.
- Office support: Your help filing, scanning, sending letters, or doing other administrative tasks is incredibly helpful to staff.
- Bereavement support: work with our Bereavement Coordinator and support families who have lost a loved one.
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Music Therapy
- Animal Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Varies by assignment,1-4x/month for a few hours