Volunteers are an essential part of our interdisplinary team and office support. Your time is needed and valued. You may choose to serve in a variety of ways:
- Pt companionship: sitting with a patient, reading to them, writing letters, listening to them and getting to know their stories, playing cards, going outside, crafting together, creating a memory book, or just being present.
- Cargiver respite: sitting with a patient so their caregiver can leave for an appointment or receive a break for a few hours.
- Therapeutic touch, holding a patients hand, seeing them, validating them.
- Music Therapy or simply, enjoying music together. If you sing or play an instrument that is a wonderful gift to offer our patients. However, it may be you share music from the library on your phone, which can also be enjoyed.
- Light housework or errand running to support the patient and/or caregiver.
- Office support: Your help filing, sending letters, or doing other office work enables staff to be more present in other ways.
- Bereavement support: work with our Bereavement Coordinator and support families who have lost a loved one.
- Pet Therapy is such an incredible modality that truly brings joy to patients and their caregivers.
- Professional Volunteers such as a Massage Therapist or Cosmotologist truly can make a positive impact on a patients comfort and are very much appreciated.
- The Denver area is a melting pot so volunteers that are bilingual often will have an opportunity to use their language skills.
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Music Therapy
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Varies by assignment,1-4x/month for a few hours