Volunteers are an essential part of the Compassionate Hospcie Care interdisplinary team. Your time is needed and valued. You may choose to serve in a variety of ways:
- Pt companionship: sitting with a patient, reading to them, writing letters, listening to them and getting to know their stories, playing cards, going outside, crafting together, creating a memory book, listening to music or just being present and holding their hand.
- Cargiver respite: spending time with a patient so their caregiver can leave for an appointment or receive a break for a few hours.
- Music Therapy: Providing music as a comfort to a patient and/or caregiver.
- Light housework or errand running to support the patient and/or caregiver.
- Office support: Your help filing, scanning, sending letters, or doing other administrative tasks is incredibly helpful to staff.
- Bereavement support: work with our Bereavement Coordinator and support families who have lost a loved one.
- Pet Therapy is such an incredible modality that truly brings joy to patients and their caregivers. Your dog needs to have a Canine Good Citzen certification.
- Professional Volunteers such as a Massage Therapist or Cosmotologist truly can make a positive impact on a patient's comfort.
- The Denver area is a melting pot so volunteers that are bilingual often will have an opportunity to use their language skills.
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Music Therapy
- Animal Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Varies by assignment,1-4x/month for a few hours