If you are passionate about Salesforce and looking to devote your skills to a global cause, help UniversalGiving? and the CEO maintain our Salesforce database system.
UniversalGiving?, an award-winning global social-entrepreneurship nonprofit organization, is seeking a Salesforce Admin Intern/Volunteer to join our exciting team. As the Salesforce Admin, you will work directly with our Operations Lead to spearhead a number of Salesforce projects, including: fine-tuning levels of user data access and security, customizing data objects and privacy specifications, backing up data, monitoring and maintaining data exports, and creating mail merges. We are seeking someone who is intimately familiar with Salesforce and has a positive attitude. Additionally, if you are a general technical wiz, please apply for our Salesforce Administrator and Windows System Admin / Technology intern positions, as we will gladly welcome one person who is able to fill both of these roles.
UniversalGiving? internships offer exciting opportunities to those wishing to make a significant impact and contribution to our global communities. Join UniversalGiving and work closely with a dedicated international team, while gaining valuable skills and insight in a social-entrepreneurship nonprofit organization.
"Working with UniversalGiving has given me the chance to participate in critical aspects of business management and partnership facilitation, which are opportunities that would definitely be off-limits to "the intern" at most corporations. The friendly and ultra-supportive executive team here wants their interns to contribute to the main goals and aspirations of UniversalGiving in important ways and helps them to do so, which is what makes working here so rewarding and fun - so fun, in fact, that I will continue to be a part of their team even after leaving the San Francisco office!" --- Emily Stehr, UG Representative at Princeton University, Summer Intern
UniversalGiving? is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing projects all over the world. Our projects are vetted through a proprietary Quality Model? to ensure the most effective, trustworthy philanthropy possible. Unique to UniversalGiving, we take no cut on donations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the cause.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, UniversalGiving has been profiled on CBS and in FOX Business Network, and has also been featured in BusinessWeek Fast Company, CSRWire, WomenEntrepreneur, Oprah.com, NBC News, The Christian Science Monitor, The New York Times, The Financial Times, MarketWatch, CNNMoney.com, Change.org and See Change Magazine. UniversalGiving? is the 2010 winner of the Opportunity Knocks' Best Nonprofit to Work for Award.
CEO Pamela Hawley is a winner of the Jefferson Award (the Nobel Prize in Community Service) and was selected as one of 50 leaders to the White House's Next Generation Leadership and Social Innovation event. She is also a Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and a Colburn S. Wilbur Leadership Fellow at the Global Ethics Institute. She has been chosen as a Fast Company Expert Blogger on CSR.
Duration: This is an unpaid internship with a commitment of 5-10 minimum hours per week for 2 to 4 months (4 months preferred). Ideal candidates are available to work in our downtown San Francisco office.
- Work with our Operations Lead on multiple Salesforce projects to identify issues, prioritize efforts, deliver results, and document information
- Define multiple details for data security
- Fine-tune user data access levels
- Customize privacy specifications and settings
- Back up data, monitor and maintain data exports, and create mail merges
- Customize data objects
- Conduct mass data updates and data creation with Apex Data Loader
- Sync mobile devices
- Explore and implement new features, enhancements, and tools
- Intimate experience with Salesforce Administration
- General knowledge of Database Management and CRM systems
- Expertise in syncing mobile devices, preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as a strong team player
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interest in nonprofit work, international issues, philanthropy
- Experience working at a global, social-entrepreneurship nonprofit
- Collaboration within a positive team environment
- Increased understanding of and alignment with global issues
- Networking with other nonprofit professionals
- Career mentoring with Pamela Hawley, Founder & CEO of UniversalGiving?
- With positive work experience, references provided
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Salesforce Administrator Intern/Volunteer" in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
UniversalGiving? is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.
UniversalGiving’s vision is to "Create a World Where Giving and Volunteering Are a Natural Part of Everyday Life."?
For more information please visit:
- UniversalGiving’s website
- UniversalGiving’s Blog: PhilanthroPost
- CEO Pamela Hawley’s Blog: Living and Giving
- Follow Us on Twitter: @ UniversalGiving and @ PamelaHawley
- Like us on Facebook
- Database Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Volunteer Product Manager
- Business Operations Intern
- Marketing Intern
- QA/Web Intern
- CSR Intern/Volunteer
- Executive Assistant to the CEO...
- Office/Administrative support...
- Development Intern/Volunteer
- NGO Services Intern
- Social Media Internship
- Software Engineer / Consultant
- Development Returnship
- Design Internship
- Marketing Partnerships...
- Salesforce Admin Intern/Volunteer
- Corporate Returnship for...