41 people are interested
As a Turtle Ambassador, you will reach out to new audiences about turtles and tortoises and the dangers they face as well as ways that people can help them. Responsibilities of being a Turtle Ambassador include:
- distributing information about turtles and tortoises to audiences in your local area, either through email, mail, tabling events, or in-person
- keeping up on turtle research and happenings through Nature Abounds, social media, news articles, etc...
- reporting back to Nature Abounds on your outreach
- Once comfortable with your turtle and tortoise knowledge, present to groups about turtles and tortoises, and possibly even hold an event for turtle and tortoise awareness.
As a Turtle Ambassador, you should have the following qualities:
- Enjoy working with people and talking with individuals (direct-service)
- Self-starter, who can help to find their own venues
- Passionate about turtle and tortoise awareness
- Interested in sharing their knowledge about turtles and tortoises and the dangers they face as well as ways that people can help them
- Dedicated time to volunteer
- Interested in helping Nature Abounds as well as turtles and tortoises
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Up to Volunteer
- Note that training materials do have a cost for the volunteer.