Volunteering at The Discovery is a great opportunity to support our mission of providing innovative, interactive, trans-disciplinary exhibits and leading-edge programming in a safe, nurturing and playful environment. As a volunteer, you will play a very important role in determining the quality of each visitor's experience at the museum.
-Interested parties fill out an application at
Your contribution to The Discovery and your community:
- Assists the museum in providing quality educational and fun experiences for children of all ages in our community;
- Helps others experience the joy associated with learning by play and creating environments that keep young minds thriving;
- Serves as a model to all citizens that we need to "give back";
- Provides opportunities to expand educational programming and special events for families in our area;
- Helps supplement the time and ability of the full-time staff to achieve museum goals and obtain additional resources;
- Provides opportunities to share your own experiences, knowledge and enthusiasm with the museum's visitors.
The Discovery volunteer team is our greatest resource their dedication and hard work have helped make the museum a reality.
- Child Care
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Customer Service
- Civil Engineering
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours a month
- Friendly, enthusiastic, reliable and flexible