AseraCare Hospice Music Volunteers are volunteers who specialize in sharing songs or instrumental music with those on hospice services and their family members. Bring your existing musical skill and musical training to enhance the quality of life for a patient on hospice and/or members of their family. Often, regularly scheduled visits are requested, however music volunteers may also be asked to provide musical visits for a group of patients at a facility as outreach for our agency.
Benefits of Music for Hospice Patients Include:
10. Can create positive emotional changes and help to improve your mood
9. The right type of music has been known to help with memory recall, which can contribute to satisfaction with life
8. Has been known to help improve awareness of self and environment
7. Can be used to alleviate pain
6. Can be used as a social connection between patients and family
5. Has been shown to increase or maintain physical, mental and social functioning
4. Provides a useful tool to help fall asleep
3. Can promote vocal and physical activity
2. Promotes physical rehabilitation
1. Provide relaxation!!
Share your talent and help provide all these great benefits to hospice patients! Contact Diane Jones at 262-785-1356 x 107 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We serve facilties throughout Milwaukee and its suburbs including Brookfield, Cudahy, Freedonia, Grafton, Cedarburg, Pewaukee, Sussex, Oak Creek, Watertown, Glendale, West Allis, Kenosha, Racine, Lake Geneva, Pleasant Prairie, St. Francis and more...
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of 4 hours a month
- Our training program will come to you!
- Veterans Visit Veterans - Hospice
- End of Life Hospice Volunteer
- Pet Therapy Volunteers --...
- Hospice Volunteer
- Share a meaningful journey -- be...
- Hospice Vigil Volunteers Needed
- Visiting Pets -- lifting spirits...
- Friendly Visitor
- Music Volunteer - Share Your...
- Companion Volunteer - hospice
- COLLEGE STUDENTS -- earn service...