Laughter can be one of the greatest gifts of all. To be a hospice volunteer, sharing a laugh and a hug can mean so much. Simple acts like jotting down memories, sharing a meal, reading stories or listening to music can bring such joy into a patient's life.
Because Good Shepherd Hospice is a small hospice, every patient is very dear to us. Sometimes our hospice team provides the only love and support our patients have. If you become a Good Shepherd Hospice volunteer, you become part of a family. We meet our patients where they are, whether it be in the first months or last days. We go to their homes, wherever that may be -- whether it's the house they've lived in for decades or the assisted living or long-term nursing care facility they recently moved to.
When you volunteer with us you will have the flexibility to arrange your own schedule, to develop your own special relationship with our patients and/or their families and to become part of a team of dedicated staff who have only the best interests of our patients in mind.
Qualifications for GSH Hospice Volunteer: Dedication, Compassion, Flexibility and Joy of Life.
Check out our website at: www.goodshepherdhospice.com and fill out a volunteer application or call Adeng DeWarabeck fir details.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4-5 hours per month
- Memory Bears - Gifts of Love
- Hospice volunteering isn't for...
- Our Lenexa Hospice Office needs...
- Make appreciation baskets for...
- Special Relationships
- Hospice Volunteers Needed
- Teach others in the field of...
- Art Volunteers Needed
- Licensed Massage Therapist for...
- Hospice Volunteers are...
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistant!
- Human Kindness has Healing Power
- One stitch at a time
- Help Us in the Hospice Office!
- Grief Packets for Loved Ones
- Hospice "Tuck-in" Volunteer
- Laughter & Love = Great Hospice...
- Tuck-in our hospice patients...
- Hospice Office Administrative...
- Hospice volunteers are...