Administrative assistant volunteers are the face of Sarah's Hope Shelters and serve a critical role in ensuring all clients, visitors, and callers are assisted efficiently, accurately, and in a welcoming manner. Volunteers in this role regularly collaborate with staff to provide prompt and professional service.
- Sarah's Hope Hannah More: 12041 Reisterstown Rd, Baltimore, MD 21136
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate staff
- Answer the main office phone, respond to queries regarding shelter space, and provide basic information about Sarah's Hope services
- Take messages for staff and clients while maintaining confidentiality
- Make copies and send faxes
- Assist all volunteers and donors with logging their hours and donated items
- Perform other office tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Sign in and out on the VicTouch computer
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age
- Volunteers must complete an application and background check as well as attend an orientation prior to starting service
- Volunteers must commit to serve at least one 3-hour shift per week
- Shifts can take place during normal business hours, Monday through Friday
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least one 3-hour shift per week
- Seize the Night! - Join the...
- Serve Dinner to Homeless Women...
- Prepare Meals Off Site/Casserole...
- Employment Support Volunteer for...
- Bring and Prepare Weekend Lunch...
- Non-profit looking for skilled...
- Lifeskills and Parenting...
- Build your professional skills...
- After-School Tutor for Homeless...