Join our Meals On Wheels team as a Volunteer Meal Delivery Driver You will help us deliver roughly 100,000 nutritious meals to our 600 clients each year. Clients of our Meals On Wheels program are home-bound adults and seniors. They recieve a hot nutritious meal from our drivers as well as a wellness check from our drivers. This service allows our clients to remain in their homes and retain their independence.
What you will be doing:
You will be driving a route once per week and delivering meals to the clients on that route. Usually our routes are between 6-12 stops. Our Meals On Wheels program operates 5 days per week between 10AM and 1:30 PM. We ask that volunteers make a 6 month committment and deliver meals once per week. We will train you and send you on a ride-a-long with one of our experienced volunteers to help you get familiar with the program. Our volunteers drive their own vehicles and donate the gasoline used. Many of our volunteers have stayed on for 5+ years because this is such a rewarding and fulfilling opportunitiy.
Join our teams and help deliver hot meals today!
- Truck Driving
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Bus/Van Driving
- Transportation Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 Months (one route per week)
- Yearly TB test
- Friends from Meals on Wheels -...
- Meals on Wheels: Cantonese...
- Love Arts & Crafts & Seniors?...
- Meals On Wheels Food Distribution
- Mandarin speakers needed to help...
- Silicon Valley Disaster...
- Spanish speaking volunteer...
- Seeking Students of Pre-Physical...
- Spanish speaking volunteers...
- Deliver Meals to Homebound...
- Generational Newsletter Wizard
- Be an AGEnt for Change!
- Looking for Musicians to Play...
- Door Knocking for Meals on Wheels