Please note that this internship is available only to students under the age of 25 as part of our internship program "The Guild." Fluent in both English and Spanish a plus!
Office Aides assist administrative staff to carry out varied and important duties within the areas of outreach and information services, thus helping the South Bronx Concerned Citizens, Inc. to build a strong network of supportive services for our clients. In addition to setting up and sustaining connections, Office Aides will assist in various administrative projects.
Assignments may include:
- Assistance with publicity and mailings
- Mailing list maintenance
- Reproduction of flyers and other informational material
- Contributing blog posting and discussion topics to the website
- Typing documents on a word processing programs and spreadsheet programs
- Working along side other volunteers and interns
- Utilizing the Internet to research different topics
- Check and record inventory of supplies
- Keep office presentable and tidy
- Other duties as assigned
- Fluent in verbal and oral communication in both English (and Spanish)
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks from solitary clerical tasks to sophisticated Internet research for website additions to a high level of social interaction with clients.
- Ability to operate office machinery - copy machine, postage meter, etc.
- Word processing skills and Excel, Internet and other experience desirable.
- Ability to warmly welcome guests to SBCC and talk to them about services, etc.
- Flexible hours desirable, ability to work evenings and/or weekends a plus.
- Professional and mature behavior at all times.
- Dedicate to commitment and open communication.
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least ten hours per week