Keep the art of dance exciting, vibrant and accessible in the East Bay!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2201 Broadway, Suite LL17The Paramount Theater, Oakland, CAVarious locations, Oakland CAOakland, CA 94612
Oakland Ballet Company needs volunteers to assist with many different areas throughout the year, including backstage at productions and in the office assisting with administrative work. Some volunteer opportunities include the following:
- Distributing postcards and posters to promote upcoming events, such as "Luna Mexicana", "The Nutcracker", or other productions.
- Assisting student dancers ages 7-18 backstage during a performance of Graham Lustig's "The Nutcracker" at the Paramount Theatre.
- Assiting at the will call ticket table before productions. Volunteers help check in VIP guests, media contacts and patrons attending as part of OBC's ticket donation program.
- Staffing the "Nutcracker" Boutique table before, during intermission and after productions of Graham Lustig's "The Nutcracker."
- Office Administrative work including filing, mailings, archiving historic OBC photos and video, and maintaining OBC's donor and contact database.
- Advise OBC board and staff with board development initiatives.
- Data Entry
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Time committments vary by project