St. Stephen’s Human Services is a leading, 501c3 growing nonprofit whose mission is to end homelessness. Through programming that includes housing opportunities, emergency services, and outreach, we help thousands of people secure housing and other support each year. We use the knowledge from our work to influence systemic changes to improve the quality of life for all people we serve in our community.
Kateri Residence, a program of St. Stephen’s Human Services, is a safe place for healing the hearts, minds and spirits of American Indian women who are in recovery from chemical dependency and have experienced homelessness.
St. Stephen's Human Services is searching for volunteers to co-facilitate evening Children's Group at Kateri Residence. Volunteers will work with a staff member and another volunteer to provide childcare to a group of 5-10 children. The main duty of the childcare assistant is to support a fun and safe environment for children to play, learn and grow!
St. Stephen's currently has volunteer roles available on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights from 5PM-6:15PM
The volunteer will work in partnership to:
- collaborate with staff to plan successful activities for children;
- co-lead a 45-60 minute on-site activity;
- manage children behaviors through positive reinforcement and redirection;
- maintain a fun, safe, and supportive environment for children to play; and
- assist staff member with other duties as needed.
An ideal candidate would possess:
- experience in a professional youth program or childcare setting;
- ability to self-start and to complete tasks under minimal supervision;
- a patient, friendly demeanor;
- ability to communicate professionally with children, parents, other volunteers, and staff;
- knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, Native American culture;
- experience working within a team;
- ability to pass a background check;
- willingness and ability to commit to 1 weekly shift for at least 6 months.
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours; weekly