Gentiva Hospice is seeking volunteers to provide companionship and support to patients with life-limiting illnesses and their families your community
Patient Visit Volunteers provide conversation, leisure activities or a quiet, caring presence. You may also use your education and/or area of expertise to aide our patients and program. Assignments can include art therapy; horticultural therapy; massage therapy; music therapy; pet therapy; and reminiscence / life review techniques such as recording oral histories, storytelling and scrapbooking. Tell us how you would like to share your skills, talents and ideas.
Patient Visit Volunteers may also provide the opportunity for respite to caregivers when a patient resides at home, allowing a caregiver to take time away to care for him/herself.
Volunteers with Gentiva Hospice are an important part of a larger team who recognize that psychological, spiritual, and social services, as well as medical/clinical care, can contribute to an improved life quality for patients in the last stages of life. We offer an extensive orientation and ongoing volunteer support.
Odyssey serves patients and their families in a wide range of communities, and will likely offer volunteer opportunities and training close to your home.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week
- A full orientation and training will be provided
- Hospice Volunteers needed in...
- Pet Therapy Hospice Volunteer
- Respite Volunteers Needed
- Admin Volunteer Needed
- The Health & Medical Student...
- Help A Dying Patient
- Looking for hospice volunteers...
- Patient Care Volunteer and Friend
- The Student Service Learning...
- Hospice Patients Need YOU!
- Vigil Volunteers Needed
- Lunch Break Hospice Volunteer
- BE A HOSPICE VOLUNTEER ON YOUR...
- Hospice Volunteers Give Comfort
- Administrative / Office Volunteer