Adult Literacy Tutors - Greensboro
52 people are interested
Did you know that over 70,000 adults in Guilford County struggle with basic literacy skills? Reading Connections exists to support these individuals in reaching their literacy goals. We can’t do it without dedicated volunteers who work with students one-on-one and in small groups to improve their reading, writing, speaking, listening, math, technology, and employability skills.
Tutors are matched with students based on their area of interest and availability. All new tutors must complete an 8-hour training before being matched with a student. We offer free monthly training sessions. Tutoring takes place at our offices in Greensboro or High Point or in other public places throughout Guilford County.
We ask that our tutors:
- Meet with their students 2-4 hours each week
- Make a one-year commitment
- Provide information about their student’s progress in a monthly report
- Attend at least two supplemental trainings each year
We'll work with your schedule.
122 N. Elm Street, Suite 920Greensboro, NC 27401
- People Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours/week for one year
- GED or High School Diploma