GED Prep Math Tutor - Greensboro
46 people are interested
As our world becomes more globalized and competitive, the need for adults to go back to school and obtain their high school equivalency or GED has increased. We are currently seeking volunteer math tutors to provide individual or small group instruction in topics ranging from addition to fractions or geometry.
We ask that our tutors:
- Meet with their students 1.5 - 4 hours weekly
- Commit to tutoring for 1 year (we can accommodate summer travel schedules)
- Provide information about their student's progress in a monthly report
Tutors are matched with students based on their area of interest and availability. We currently have a waiting list of students and need tutors who are available on weekdays. Students typically prefer Mondays from 10-12, Tuesdays 1-3, Wednesdays 6-8, Thursdays 5:30 - 7:00, or Fridays from 10-12.
Tutoring takes place at our office in Greensboro, and in public places throughout Guilford County. All new tutors must complete an 5 hour training before being matched with a student. Please email Kiara at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for our upcoming Tutor Training!
We'll work with your schedule.
122 N. Elm Street, Suite 920Greensboro, NC 27401
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Math / Science Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/week for one year
- GED or High School Diploma