Food Pick-up and Pantry Organization
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
The Clearinghouse provides emergency food and assistance for families and individuals in Dearborn and Ohio counties in Indiana. Volunteers can help with the following tasks on Mondays and Wednesdays, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Check clients in. This will take someone with an eye for detail that can follow several different steps of paperwork.
- Organizing the file system.
- Help bag groceries for the clients. This will take someone that can follow a check list of items that a client can have based on how many is in their family.
- Inventory donations, this is a weekly to bi-weekly task based on how many donations we have.
- Help move stock from location to location. This is a weekly task. Food stock has to be moved from one location to the other two locations to keep the shelves stocked based on how many clients we have the week before.
- Go through clothing donations and hang them on the clothing racks.
Volunteers can also help pick up food from donors and deliver them to the daily location before 9:30 a.m.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
P.O. Box 478, 411 George St., Aurora, IN 47001, US
The Clearinghouse exists to provide food, clothing, and when funding is available financial assistance with shelter to financially challenged families in Dearborn and Ohio counties, Indiana.
The Clearinghouse is a nonprofit hunger relief organization, leading the movement to end hunger throughout Dearborn and Ohio Indiana Counties. Since 1981 The clearinghouse has partnered with organizations across our community to distribute food to individuals and families in need. Through carefully crafted programs, The Clearinghouse aims to meet the immediate needs of our community while simultaneously working to find long term ways to reduce hunger.
We operate from three food facilities, one in Lawrenceburg, one in Greendale, and one in Aurora. We are privately funded through donations from our wonderful community, The Clearinghouse is truly what the community does for those in need.
We'll work with your schedule.
215 Fourth StreetAurora, IN 47001
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18