Northern Chicago and North Cook Co. Suburbs>>>are you kindhearted? Volunteer with Advocate Hospice
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1011 E. Touhy AveSte 170Des Plaines, IL 60018
Advocate Hospice Companionship Volunteers visit patients in their homes i.e. nursing home, their home, assisted living facility or hospital and provide companionship. Patient volunteers may also provide respite for patients loved ones/caregivers. Duties may include conversation, letter writing, listening to music, reading to patient, putting together a photo album etc. Each assignment varies depending on the patients needs. Respite visits allow patients loved ones/caregivers to leave the home or to stay in the home and have some time to themselves. Opportunities available throughout the Chicago-land area. This is a very rewarding opportunity that allows a volunteer to offer companionship and encouragement to those facing a terminal illness through acts of service and kindness. Volunteers are not required to provide any hands on medical care. All volunteers must consent to a background check, flu shot and 2 step TB test. Areas of service are from Lake Cook Road into Chicago north. Generally a volunteer stays within 10-12 miles of their location for convenience.
- People Skills
- Reading / Writing
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of -1-3 hours a week
- Must consent to a 2-step TB test and flu shot and background check.Transportation to and from patien
- Do you have general office...
- Birthday- craft projects-
- Gurnee, Grayslake, Zion,...
- Northern Chicago and North Cook...
- Four legged volunteers needed......
- Office volunteers to support our...
- McHenry county>>>Are you...
- Marketing hospice volunteer...
- Baking, holiday- for hospice...
- Northwestern suburbs, Volunteer...