*Volunteers are needed in our northwest suburbs. Advocate Hospice Companionship Volunteers visit patients in their homes i.e. nursing home, their home, assisted living facility or hospital and provide companionship. Patient volunteers may also provide respite for patients loved ones/caregivers. Duties may include conversation, letter writing, listening to music, reading to patient, putting together a photo album etc. Each assignment varies depending on the patients needs. Respite visits allow patients loved ones/caregivers to leave the home or to stay in the home and have some time to themselves, for about 2-3 hours once a week.
Opportunities available throughout the Lake County area. What a great gift you could give a hospice patient than your time and compassion!
This is a very rewarding opportunity that allows a volunteer to offer companionship and encouragement to those facing a terminal illness through acts of service and kindness. Volunteers are not required to provide any hands on medical care.
Volunteers are asked for a minimum 2 hour a week commitment for one year.
All volunteers must be 18 years old with reliable transportation, attend a 15 hour hospice training provided in a flexible schedule as well as consent to a background check, flu shot and 2 step TB test.
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Community Outreach
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours a week
- Must consent to a 2 step TB test and a flu shot, background check
- Do you have general office...
- Birthday- craft projects-
- Gurnee, Grayslake, Zion,...
- Northern Chicago and North Cook...
- Four legged volunteers needed......
- Office volunteers to support our...
- McHenry county>>>Are you...
- Baking, holiday- for hospice...
- Marketing hospice volunteer...
- Northwestern suburbs, Volunteer...