The Office Management Volunteer has three main areas of responsibility:
- Donation processing: Enter donations received into online Donor Perfect database, issue receipts, and contact donors to ensure employer matching
- Accurate record-keeping of paper records of all revenues and expense transactions. Reconcile paper records with online lists of transactions.
- General office management: Greet and direct visitors; field incoming phone calls; provide general information about CAIR, calmly respond to people seeking CAIR's help; handle typing, copying, data-entry, collating mailing materials and other assignments; help maintain clean and organized office environment; and many other office tasks as needed
Basic orientation and a detailed procedure manual are provided to quickly acquaint the Intern with task procedures. The Office Management Volunteer reports to the Executive Director
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as editing and proof-reading skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Professional demeanor
- Punctual and reliable
- Internal sense of urgency and initiative that promotes focus, creative thinking and solutions
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to details
Time commitment: A minimum six month, twelve hours per week commitment is required. Depending on the position, exceptions may be made for Summer volunteer positions (beginning in May or June), which, if the applicant desires, can instead require a 3.5 month, 30-35 hours per week minimum commitment. This position requires all hours to be completed in the office, within the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and, in the subject line, please clearly indicate the title(s) of the position(s) in which you are interested, in order of preference. Please include in your e-mail an explanation of why you are interested in this position, any relevant experience or skills, and your complete contact information (full name, email, and phone number).
You may also include a résumé and two references who have supervised you in a past volunteer position, internship or employment. All internrships at CAIR-WA are unpaid.
Students interested in receiving academic credit (college) or community service hours (high school) should indicate so in their cover letters. Credit may be arranged during the first week of the academic term.
Please note:ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN IMMEDIATELY we respond to applications year-round IMMEDIATELY as they are received, so apply now!
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS MAY NOT BE PROCESSED.
- Office Reception
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 12 hours a week, 6-month commitment
- A complete application packet is required.