Drive seniors to doctor appointments!
Ashby Village is a community-based network of seniors living in the greater Berkeley area united by a desire to remain in their own homes as they get older. They are aware of the fact that they may increasingly need assistance and support.
Although there are opportunities for other kinds of help, one of the greatest needs is for drives to medical appointments or grocery shopping.
The amount of time spent volunteering could be small, but the gratitude and satisfaction is large.
Volunteer screening includes: Application, references, background check, interview, and orientation/training.
check our website: http://ashbyvillage.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=748044&module_id=105426
About Ashby Village
1821 Catalina Ave, Berkeley, CA 94707, US
Working together to provide members with the practical means and the confidence to remain in their own homes as they grow older.
Ashby Village is a community-based network of people over age 50 living in the greater Berkeley area united by a desire to remain in their own homes as they get older. They are aware of the fact that they may increasingly need assistance and support. Membership in the Village provides a wide array of resources including:
- Home-based volunteer services such as transportation, light housekeeping, grocery shopping, minor household repairs and friendly visitors
- One-call vetted concierge referrals to paid service providers that can include gardeners, painters, attorneys, accountants, and personal care attendants
- Cultural, social, and educational events and gatherings
- Health and fitness activities
Ashby Village volunteer options include:
- Home Repair/Handyperson
- Gardening/Plant Care
- Computer Assistance
- Food Preparation, Meal Delivery
- Personal Training/Yoga /Pilates/Tai Chi
- Dog Walking/Pet Care
- Friendly Visits and Phone Check-ins
- Events organization
- Office/administrative support
- Web/IT/graphical design support
Some of the benefits for volunteers are:
- Staying active - physically, mentally and socially
- Connecting with others, and feeling part of community
- Putting talents, skills and capacities to good use
- Paying it forward - knowing that someday each of us will also need support