Grandparent Support Group Facilitator in Quincy
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
About Parents Helping Parents: Parents Helping Parents is a nonprofit offering two services to parents in need: The Parental Stress Line and Parent Support Groups.Our goal is to empower parents to nurture their children, prevent child abuse and build stronger families.
Parents Helping Parents runs a network of support groups for parents & grandparents who want to improve relationships with their children. Parents come to our support groups seeking encouragement and feedback on parenting-related issues. Shared leadership, trust, respect, responsibility, and positive parenting are key components of our support groups. Our groups provided a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment for creating positive and caring peer relationships. Our approach is preventative; once the emotional support of the parent has been strengthened, a parent is better able to actively guide and nurture the family.
We need a volunteer (you!) to act as a group facilitator for a parent support group in the Quincy area. As a facilitator, you will be maintaining the safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment that characterizes our support groups.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of stressors within a family that could potentially trigger child abuse and/or neglect
- Have previous experience working with parents and families
- 14 hours of training held in our main office in Watertown, MA
- 1 year commitment meeting with groups weekly for 1.5 hours (day/time is flexible)
We'll work with your schedule.
Bay State Community Services1120 Hancock StQuincy, MA 02169
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Group meets on Thursdays from 6:00-7:30 pm
- 1 year commitment preferred