Gang Violence, Disadvantaged families, Teen homelessness, Drug abuse...These difficult issues can seem overwhelming, almost impossible to solve.
But, can they be prevented? It is possible...
...by Mentoring in Richmond!
Richmond Police Activity League Mentoring Project, asks you to consider Serving as a mentor!
- Assist youth in making positive choices,
- Explore careers and higher education,
- Help improve youth's grades,
- Assist youth's in setting goals for the future,
- See new things and places, and have fun!
- Be a positive role model and friend
- Mentoring boys and girls is a wonderful opportunity to give back to the community
What can you do?
- Mentors connect with a deserving child to help them see their potential.
- Focus Mentor is a role model and friend.
- Mentors take part in a community to raise the children where we each have a role.
How does it work?
- Mentors spend minimum of 8 hours per month together
- Focus on schoolwork
- Go to movies
- Sporting events or museums
- Simply talk and be a trusted friend
For more volunteer information copy and paste the link below into browser!
Be A Mentor, Inc. has been positively interacting with at-risk and academically low performing youth since its founding in 1992 and continues to connect youth with dedicated volunteer adults throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. We provide a direct mentoring service to at-risk youth (such as those in foster care; with incarcerated parents; susceptible to gang participation, drug/alcohol abuse or teen parenting; homeless/in transition or academically struggling).
- Child Development
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Relationship Building
- Life Coaching
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 hours a week for 1 year
- References, In-Person interview
- Hispanic Volunteer Mentors...
- African-American Mentors needed...
- Foster Care Youth Need Mentors
- African-American Youth Need...
- Mentor Children of Prisoners in...
- Computer Programmer Volunteer
- Latino & Latina Youth Need Mentors
- Be a big bro or sis to a...
- MENTORS STOP RICHMOND KIDS FROM...
- Mentoring Bay Area Kids - Why?
- Latin American Men Needed as...
- Male Mentors Needed for Bay Area...
- Volunteer Grantwriter
- Urgent Need for Mentors for...
- Computer Programming Volunteers...
- Prepare East Bay Youth for Success