The Suburban Latina Outreach is a new program offered by WINGS Program Inc., seeking to address the unique needs of the often underserved Latina population seeking services for domestic violence in the northwest suburbs of CookCounty. - A level II Mentor will be working directly with Latina survivors of domestic violence in the community promoting self-sufficiency through emotional support, resources and education. - A level II Mentor will be assigned to provide emotional support and work directly with Latina clients on such things as seeking practical options and appropriate services assisting them with resources and referrals for domestic violence counseling, immigration services, legal services, public benefits and other services. - Level II Mentors will also have the opportunity to facilitate Spanish support groups in a safe space for women to connect with other women and gain peer support to set and reach goals.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Niles Resale Store
- Help Suburban Latinas flee from...
- Schaumburg Resale Store Cashier
- Arlington Heights Resale Store...
- Be a Friend - Become a Safe...
- Maintenance Volunteer
- Special Events and Fundraising...
- Logistic Center Volunteer
- Answer the Crisis Line at our...
- Cook - Safe House Chicago Metro
- Niles Resale Store Cashier