Help an Adult Learn to Read - Change a Life! (And it just might be yours!)
1 person is interested
To read the newspaper, understand a medicine label, write a letter, fill out an application, or read to a child - these are examples of common goals set by adult learners. Become a volunteer tutor and help someone realize their literacy goals and potential. No previous experience necessary. After completing training provided by Literacy Services, tutors are paired with an adult learner. Pairs typically meet at the local library once or twice a week for an hour to an hour and a half each meeting. The results are positively life-changing for an adult who has struggled. And above and beyond, you’ll be amazed what you learn along the way!
- Desire to help someone else
- Comfortable reading, writing and speaking in English
- Flexible, friendly, patient, optimistic and dependable
- Able to commit six months
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
464A B St.Butte County Library (All branches)Biggs, Chico, Durham, Gridley, Oroville, ParadiseBiggs, CA 95917
- Orientation or Training
- Two to three hours of tutoring per week
- Please call 538-7198 for Tutor Training dates.