Come help support The ALS Association and the fight to defeat ALS by volunteering at the 12th Annual Napa Valley Ride to Defeat ALS at Yountville Veteran's Home in Yountville, CA. on October 1, 2016. Enthusiastic volunteers are key to our success! Volunteering is a great way to help the many people living with ALS and their loved ones, but also to meet other people, and learn new skills.
We want you to have an enjoyable and rewarding experience, so please let us know what volunteer areas interest you the most!
- Set- Up (put tablecloths on picnic tables, arrange the lunch and presentation area, hang banners, etc.)
- Volunteer Check-In (help volunteers sign in and direct to the appropriate area)
- Registration (check in registered cyclists and walkers)
- Route Monitors (help set up the route by placing signs, cheering on cyclists and walkers throughout the route and finish line)
- Advocacy (help cyclists and walkers sign advocacy forms)
- Hydration Crew (make sure water containers are full at all water stations and rest stops)
- Rest Stop (assist cyclists at rest stops, pass out water and snacks)
- Route Safety (follow cyclist and make sure everyone is okay, report back to medical if there are any problems)
- Clean-Up (remove tablecloths, banners, etc., transfer garbage to the appropriate area within the park, transferring event items into cars)
We will need volunteers throughout the day from 6:00am to 5:00pm. We would like volunteers to come in shifts for approximately 4 hours at a time. Please pick a shift that works best for you:
- 6:00AM to 10:00AM
- 10:00AM to 2:00PM
- 2:00PM to 5:00PM
Sign Up Instructions:
To register as a volunteer please go to www.RidetoDefeatALS.org. When you register you will fill out a short survey indicating the times and volunteer jobs that you’re interested in. Once you register, you will start to receive emails as the event gets closer about what to bring, directions to the Yountville Veterans Home, an outline of event day activities and your specific duties and responsibilities as a volunteer.
If you have any additional questions please contact Sierra Van Burkleo (Volunteer Coordinator) at email@example.com or (510) 251-2572.
- Food & Beverage Services
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment